Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Lobster Bisque - A Battle For The Taste Buds

I am starting to look at my life like a multi-course meal. I like to think that depending on our age, we eat those courses a few different ways (and in different orders). So, when I was a kid and all I wanted was pizza and pop (not that much has really changed, but lets just assume I have actually changed since then).

I have developed a love for trying some new foods since I turned 22 (meeting my wife opened my eyes to the glory of spinach/artichoke dip, pierogies (how did I never have these growing up with Polish heritage?) and many other delicious (and disgusting - notice I never bragged about how well I can make Ratatouille on this blog) foods.

Yesterday I had lobster bisque for the second time in my life and it was downright TASTY! The first time I had the dish was at Mitchell's Steakhouse at Polaris here in Ohio. It had great taste but it was rather cold by the time I finished it. Not to mention (although, I am) it was rather basic looking. As it resembled a creamy tomato soup.

This second lobster adventure occurred at Mon Ami Historic Winery in Catawba, Ohio.

It was like a tasty lobster sent a blitzkrieg of hot creamy soup out into a battle with my appetite! (that is a good thing, by the way) The soup itself was covered by a light pastry which when punctured allowed the soup to cool slightly as well as adding a little thickness to it as it was consumed. The soup was extremely hot so I had to allow it to cool briefly, but that wasn't enough to make me stop sipping it off my spoon.

If you want to try lobster bisque. This is the place to do it. It is a delicious adventure to take - especially if you haven't had lobster before. It will be a more gentle introduction than cracking Mr. Pinchy and eating him in front of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment