Sunday, July 10, 2011

Simple Deliciousness - The Pita Sandwich

Over the last few days my wife and I experienced what I might call a household disaster upon our return from vacation (where I ate the lobster bisque - see below).

I won't go into details, just know that it involved leaking pipes, mold, mildew and a basement ceiling caving in.

So... today we finally managed to eat our meals at home and for dinner we had pita sandwiches.
Here is all you need for a delicious simple meal.

  • Pita cut in half and opened <----- Duh... (we roll with wheat... because we are AWESOME)
  • Lunchmeat (rocked the ham tonight, because it was all we had)
  • Lettuce (Romaine)
  • Tomato (Sliced)
  • Boiled Egg (Sliced)
  • Ranch Dressing (Apparently, only Hidden Valley makes real ranch dressing - this was discovered by my wife)
I would suggest heating the pitas in a toaster oven on the bake setting for about 6 minutes if they have been refrigerated... 3-4 minutes if at room temp.

You don't have to thank me... Just tell people to read my blog. It makes me feel important.

1 comment:

  1. Okay, I could destroy one of those pita pockets right now. Roll it up and eat it up, Delonte-style.

    ReplyDelete