Monday, September 28, 2009

Roast Beef Sandwich Is Better Coach Than Mangini

As a Browns fan, you can usually bet on finding my screaming at my television on Sunday afternoons in the fall. However, yesterday during a 31 point loss to Baltimore (34-3) I found myself laughing at the futility of my favorite team. I knew we were going to lose, it wasn't really a surprise... but 34-3?! For the first time in a long time (something like 19 years) I envy Bengals fans.

Cleveland's new coach, Eric Mangini has proven to be a disciplinarian without any proven positive result from said discipline. He has fined players thousands of dollars for parking in the wrong spot or having a phone ring during team meetings. How can anyone think that fining a professional athlete for that type of conduct will result in anything but animosity? His players make millions of dollars a year and he thinks that fining them for stupid things like this will make a difference? They probably give him a gratuity on top of their fine - I would. Then I would ask for a trade.

I wanted the Browns to hire Jon Gruden since they fired Romeo "I'm thinkin' Arbys' Crennel" after last season. Now I just want Mangini gone - replace him with a roast beef sandwich and the Browns will win more games.

*Rant Over*

Can't wait to talk about food next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment