Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Salsa and Pre-Season Football

When my wife and I drove up to my parents house for my dad's 50th birthday a few days ago it seemed like a simple enough task. Make some hot salsa, have a surprise party, watch Browns game on TV.
The party and the Browns game (finally) went well. The salsa was great for the most part.
The Salsa
My mom was awesome enough to hook us up with all the things we needed to make the salsa. I am a fan of spicy food, so I went ahead and started to cut up some jalapeno peppers for my salsa. The immediate reaction from my wife and mother was that I was putting perrhaps, too much jalapeno in my concoction. Since I was making enough salsa for 12 jars (we were canning it all, as well), I figured they knew better than I would, so I didn't add more peppers.
For the record, my salsa tastes good, it is a great consistency and there is plenty to go around. The problem is that it was not spicy enough with just 3-4 jalapenos. I suggest 7-10 jalapenos and 3-5 habenero peppers for those that love spicy salsa. Don't forget the lime juice, fresh cilantro and other great salsa ingredients.

The Game
Am I the only one that doesn't completely hate the NFL Pre-Season? Other than being a die-hard Cleveland Browns fan, the pain my team puts me through every year is nothing compared to the pain of no football.
Romeo Crennel is gone, Eric Mangini has taken over and the Browns actually scored an offensive touchdown, albeit against the Lions. Semantics!

No comments:

Post a Comment