Monday, August 31, 2009

Baseball Is Dead

It used to be the American Past-time. Now it is simply past it's time. Baseball was my favorite sport as a kid. While Ken Griffey Jr. is still my favorite athlete of all time, I am struck by the downfall of baseball as a whole.

Don't believe me?
  1. Which team has the best record in baseball?
  2. Who won the World Series last year?
  3. Who leads the Major Leagues in home runs this season?

I think the saddest part about all of this is that it really makes the steroid era look like the best time in baseball.

Not that I wish steroids would make a come-back (it's not like they really left anyway). I just wish there was a reason to care about baseball. At least it's football season now, basketball starts in two months and baseball will be over in November.

Oh, and in case you were wondering about the answers to my little quiz.

  1. Yankees
  2. Phillies
  3. Albert Pujols (Probably the best pure hitter in baseball)

No comments:

Post a Comment